- TBM 930 cruises at maximum speed of 330 kts./380 mph and offers the pilot the latest cockpit technology available for a general aviation airplane.
- It benefits of a truly integrated flight deck with new Garmin’s G3000. Powered by a state-of-the art processor, the new version offers a faster start-up than its predecessor. Three 12-inch ultra-high-resolution displays (1920 x 1200 pixels) provide enhanced perspective view of terrain features, obstacles and traffic.
- G3000 touch screen controllers incorporate streamlined menu structures to remove visual clutter and eliminate mechanical knobs, buttons and selector switches.
- The TBM 930 model year 2018 features the latest version of the Garmin G3000 integrated avionics system. Powered by a state-of-the art processor, the new version offers a faster start-up than its predecessor. Three 12-inch ultra-high-resolution displays (1920 x 1200 pixels) provide enhanced perspective view of terrain features, obstacles and traffic – all shown in relative proximity to the aircraft.
- The displays’ split-screen functionality enables separate vertical pages to be viewed side-by-side, helping the TBM pilot to manage screens by priority that best suits each phase of flight. As examples, this allows the simultaneous display of airway charts and approach plates; satellite weather and flight planning pages; and traffic, radar or terrain alerts. By centralizing data entry in one easy-to-access location, the Garmin G3000 takes flight deck management to a whole new level – providing more focused control for pilots.
- All TBM aircraft are designed to provide a smooth ride – comfortably flying over the weather and at high cruise altitudes. With its new features, the TBM 930 version offers even more comfort and luxury than previous TBM models, combining hand-made craftsmanship in a thoroughly modern package. Its interior appointments benefit from the cooperation between Daher’s design department and specialists in high-end and VIP aircraft cabin outfitting.
- New styling on the TBM 930 begins with a refined cabin entrance that incorporates a harmony of black fittings and polished metal elements in the doorstep stairs and handle.
- All seats are equipped with adjustable backrests and folding armrests, while passengers also can take advantage of a large folding table in the center of the cabin. Finishing touches include convex molding, known as gadrooning – further adding to the overall sports-car feel and the sensation of speed.
- In partnership with Scheme Designers (a world leader in aircraft paint scheme and vinyl decal designs), Daher provides assistance to owners for TBM painting and detailing with external paint schemes and colors that make an aircraft truly unique.
- Carbon Fiber Cowlings
- Light Gear Doors
- 5 Blade Composite Propeller and new spinner
- Daher offers one of the industry’s best nose-to-tail warranties through the unique TBM Total Care Program (TCP)
- TBM Care Program (TCP) includes scheduled maintenance inspections for 5 years or 1,000 hours, whichever comes first. With every new TBM 930, Daher provides customers who select the ‘Elite’ package with its TBM 910 Care Program (TCP) as part of the purchase package. This exclusive program gives the initial retail owner of a TBM 910 complimentary scheduled maintenance – including annual inspections – for the owner’s first five years or 1,000 hours of operation with the aircraft. The TCP covers all scheduled maintenance costs (with the exception of consumable items). In addition, it provides complimentary CAMP computerized maintenance tracking and follow-up to the initial retail owner for the first five years of ownership (see below). Pratt & Whitney Canada’s Eagle Plan also can be purchased from Daher – resulting in a warranty extension to seven years or 2,500 hours of operation for the TBM powerplant.
- A GLOBAL NETWORK TO CARE FOR THE TBM. Take a powerful, reliable engine, a rugged airframe, advanced aerodynamics and a state of-the-art glass cockpit. Combine that with global support services, mature technologies, the reputation of Daher and a 24-hour hotline. Result: all TBM aircraft deliver outstanding dispatch reliability, with the best safety record in their class. Daher’s roots in aviation rely on more than century of expertise, ensuring the know-how to make the right technical choices. To provide efficient support at remote locations, Daher Airplane Business Unit technical support field staff is on-call 24/7. TBM Support representatives are always available to answer phone calls and to help operators decide on the best course of action. In addition to online and cell phone support, 53 TBM service centers worldwide provide the most complete service package in the industry.
When Power, Efficiency and Superior Design exceed your expectations
Garmin G3000 avionics, an all-glass integrated avionics system with high-resolution displays and touchscreen controllers.
The TBM 930 benefits from a concentration of innovation, technology and safety improvements that can be compared to bringing an “e-copilot” into the cockpit to reduce the pilot’s workload. These innovations reflect Daher’s policy of constant improvement, which offers TBM customers the latest technology available for the optimized use of their aircraft, including:
• An Angle of Attack (AOA) sensor with visualization on the cockpit’s Primary Flight Display electronic instruments;
• Flight envelope monitoring through the Electronic Stability and Protection (ESP) and the Under-speed Protection (USP) systems, both of which have been added to the autopilot. These electronic monitoring and stability augmentation systems assist the pilot in maintaining the aircraft in a stable flight condition when flight parameters are exceeded;
• Aural alerts for stall, overspeed, landing gear extension and oxygen mask use.
These alerts replace aural sounds for better warning identification;
• The stick-shaker, a mechanical device to rapidly and audibly vibrate the control yoke to warn the pilot of an imminent stall.
A redesigned cowling with more efficient inlet, a simplified plenum to improve airflow, nozzles access, inertial separator up to VMO and more. The TBM 930 is still powered by the proven PT6A-66D, but with all the other improvements, you get the equivalent of 80 more horsepower without increasing fuel consumption. Thanks to the new torque limiter, you can use all of the TBM 930s 850 Hp right from the start of the takeoff roll.
Our exhaust were redesigned for the TBM 930 for better efficiency resulting which maximizes the airflow through the engine improving high-altitude performance.
HARTZELL 5 - Blade
The TBM 930’s five-blade composite propeller has been designed by Hartzell Propeller specifically to improve the aircraft’s takeoff distance, climb and cruise speed. The TBM 930 also is a quiet operator wherever it flies, with the propeller system helping continue the “airport-friendly” profile of Daher’s TBM aircraft family. Its sound level during takeoff is just 76.4 decibels, thereby meeting the latest international noise standards.
The Daher TBM 930 is powered by a Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A engine. This powerplant’s simple design offers easy maintenance, efficiency and low operational costs – and it is covered by one of the industry’s most extensive support networks.
PT6A variants are used on more than 100 different aircraft types.
Proven in years of regional airliner and commercial aircraft operations – and with over 43,000 engines in the field that have accumulated more than 390 million flight hours, the PT6A is recognized as one of the most reliable aircraft powerplants ever built.
Flying just got smarter
Me & My TBM
Me & My TBM is an innovative smartphone application for TBM aircraft owners and operators. This cloud-based app leverages data automatically collected during every phase of flight, enabling pilots to enhance the TBM’s operating efficiency, ensure they are operating the aircraft to the highest safety standards, and optimize maintenance management.
Benefit from the new e-copilot functions to ease your workload with AOA (Angle of attack) indicator, ESP/USP (Enhanced Safety Protection/Under Speed Protection) systems, EDM (Emergency Descent Mode) on your autopilot. A smart stick shaker warns you in the event you fly outside the flight envelope.
ANGLE OF ATTACK Sensor
An Angle of Attack (AOA) sensor with visualization on the cockpit’s Primary Flight Display electronic instruments secures pilot's maneuvers
ENHANCED SAFETY PROTECTION / UNDER SPEED PROTECTION
Flight envelope monitoring through the Electronic Stability and Protection (ESP) and the Under-speed Protection (USP) systems, both of which have been added to the autopilot. These electronic monitoring and stability augmentation systems assist the pilot in maintaining the aircraft in a stable flight condition when flight parameters are exceeded
Emergency Descent Mode
Active cabin monitoring engages automatic descent to reach controllable environments for the pilot and its passengers
Pilot Stick Shaker
Gives a direct feedback in the hands of the pilot whenever the TBM attains the limits of its envelope.
4-point harness front seats and Airbag
The 4-point harness security belt in addition to the optional airbags provides comfort and maneuverability for Pilot and Co-Pilot in all situation. When triggered, the airbag deploys up and away from the seated occupant, providing protection to the head, neck and torso.
Everything at your finger-tips
TO REDUCE THE PILOT’S WORKLOAD
A truly integrated flight deck with G3000
Easy way to add power
Grand as your lifestyle
Ultimate comfort for globe-trotters
Your journey has never been so easy
NEW INTERIOR HARMONIES
From a choice of most praised sets of distinguished tones and noble materials, you can personalize your cabin interior and fine tune to your taste with our available customizable options
FLEXIBILITY COUNTS ON JOURNEYS
The Daher TBM cabin gives SUV-type flexibility while providing sports-car style performance. In just a few minutes, the rear seats can be removed and the cabin converted into a four-seat forward facing configuration with an unrestricted baggage area capable of holding over 500 lb. (230 kg) of cargo: such as business equipment, skis, golf clubs, bikes, etc.
Elite Privacy compartment option comes for your convenience. This comfort unit is easily installable and maintainable to plan on longer trips. It replaces the two rear seats on a quick change mode . A separator electrically deploys to preserve your privacy.
Every seat can now be heated with the heating function. Once the mode is engaged by the pilot via a master control in the cockpit, each occupant can
choose whether to utilize the heating – and select either light or moderate heat
PERSONALIZE YOUR TBM
Personalize your cabin to your taste with refined selected materials that outline the TBM is of quality
MULTIPLE CABIN OPTIONS
Storage options and modularity become available to keep your cabin environment clear, free and tidy.
Advanced Aerodynamics enhance efficiency, range and speed
The Daher TBM very fast turboprop aircraft defines reliability in the skies! Incorporating a variety of aluminum and steel alloys, titanium as well as advanced composite materials, the TBM airframe offers unmatched structural strength and durability at the lowest possible weight. From its inception, the TBM aircraft family employed a fail-safe airframe design, including the use of multiple load paths, a crack-stopper band, and an optimized number of access panels to maximize structural life and sub-system reliability, while also minimizing repair-cycle times. All TBM versions are fully certified and available today worldwide – direct.
The 2-foot high winglets will immediately become the signature of the TBM 930. Coupled with aerodynamic improvements to the ailerons, vertical stabilizer and new inner gear doors, these winglets significantly reduce drag while improving handling at low speeds and high angles of attack.
TAIL CONE & LIGHT
The TBM 930 tail cone has been restructured making it more streamlined reducing drag and improving airframe efficiency. To improve visibility at night, we added an additional light at the tip of the tail of the aircraft. This gives improved lighting around the TBM 930 to enhance visibility of the TBM 930 by other aircraft in low-light conditions.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis of the airflow over the previous TBM airframe revealed a significant amount of turbulence in the area of the gear doors. As a result we’ve added an inner gear door to the TBM 930, which reduced turbulence and improves its aerodynamic efficiency.
TBM 930 technical details
Thermodynamic power 1825 hp.
Nominal power 850 shp.
Usable fuel capacity 291 US gal. 1,100 liters
Wingspan 42.10 ft. 12.833 m.
Height 14.29 ft. 4.355 m.
Length 35.22 ft. 10.736 m.
Wheel base 9.56 ft. 2.914 m.
Tailplane span 16.36 ft. 4.988 m.
Maximum cabin width 3 ft. 11.64 in. 1.21 m.
Maximum cabin length 13 ft. 3.45 in. 4.05 m.
Maximum cabin height 4 ft. 1.22 m.
Maximum volume in cabin 123 cu. ft. 3.5 cu. m.
Basic empty weight 4,629 lb. 2,097 kg.
Maximum ramp weight (MRW) 7,430 lb. 3,370 kg.
Maximum takeoff weight 7,394 lb. 3,354 kg.
Maximum zero fuel weight 6,032 lb. 2,736 kg.
Maximum payload 1,403 lb. 636 kg.
Maximum payload with full fuel 891 lb. 404 kg.
Maximum luggage in storage areas (4 seats) 507 lb. 230 kg.
Maximum luggage in storage areas (6 seats) 330 lb. 150 kg.
Maximum luggage volume (large net) 30.25 cu. ft. 0.989 cu. m.
Maximum cruise speed at long-range settings 252 KTAS 467 km/h
Maximum cruise speed at 28,000 ft. 330 KTAS 611 km/h
Time-to climb to 31,000 ft 18 min. 45 sec
Certified ceiling 31,000 ft. 9,449 m.
Takeoff 2,380 ft. 726 m.
Landing 2,430 ft. 741 m.
45 min fuel reserve)
@ 31,000 ft.
252 KTAS cruise speed 1,730 nm 3,204 km
290 KTAS cruise speed 1,585 nm 2,935 km
326 KTAS cruise speed 1,440 nm 2,666 km