AOG Hotlines / After hours
We provide extensive support for your peace of mind. Please contact one of the following 24/7 numbers for your support. Fly Safe.
or +1 844 482 6264
- Spare Parts Inquiries
PartsAmerica@daher.com for Americas
PartsEurope@daher.com for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific
- Reach us directly
Daher Aircraft inc. directory
- Daher TBM Authorized Distributors List
Daher TBM Authorized Distributors Worldwide list
- Daher TBM Service Centers List
Daher TBM Service centers Worldwide list
or +1 833 826 2273
SUPPORTING YOU AROUND THE WORLD
Whether getting to the next FBO or flying to remote locations, you’re not alone, Our Support Field staff is on call around-the-clock. TBM Support Representatives are always available to answer your call and help you decide the best course of action. In addition to online and phone support, our 25 TBM Service centers in the USA and 28 international sites provide the most complete service care in the industry. This way, we are sure you are flying safely.
World Class Support
The entire TBM fleet are backed by DAHER Aircraft Division's extensive worldwide support network that offers you tailored services. Join the TBM Family and you will discover that DAHER is a company that genuinely cares about you and shows pride in everything we do. It’s all part of being one of the world’s leading general aviation manufacturers, with a legacy of over 17,000 aircraft built since 1911 and a reputation for building great products with a support staff that will be there to help you when you call.
Download our Distributors and Service Center listAuthorized DISTRIBUTOR
for Aircraft sales, Maintenance & Service Authorized SERVICE CENTER
for Maintenance & Service
Manufacturer's TBM Total Care Program
Daher offers one of the best warranties in the industry :
- With every new TBM 940 and TBM 910, Daher provides customers with its TBM Total Care Program (TCP) as part of the purchase package. This exclusive program gives the initial retail owner of a TBM complimentary scheduled maintenance – including annual inspections – for the first five years or 1,000 hours of operation with the aircraft.
- The TCP covers all scheduled maintenance costs (with the exception of consumable items). In addition, it provides complimentary CAMP computerized maintenance tracking and follow-up to the initial retail owner for the first five years of ownership.
- Pratt & Whitney Canada’s Eagle Plan Plus Extended Warranty also can be purchased from Daher – resulting in a warranty extension to seven years or 2,500 hours of operation for the TBM’s PT6A powerplant. Daher offers one of the industry’s best nose-to-tail warranties which complement the unique TBM’s Total Care Program (TCP):
- Airframe (excluding systems, major components and consumables like brakes, tires, batteries, etc.): 7 years or 3,500 hours of aircraft operation
- PT6A powerplant: 5 years or 2,500 hours of aircraft operation
- Avionics: All Garmin equipment, L3 WX500 Stormscope, RA4500 radar altimeter and KN63 DME: 5 years
- Systems: Flap actuators, fuel unit, gauging system, oxygen system, bleed air system, cabin pressure control system, air conditioning system, landing gear and actuators, mechanical fuel pump, hydraulic unit, vacuum system, windshield, flight controls actuators, electrical power unit, starter generator, standby altimeter and airspeed indicators, torque and oil pressure transducers, overspeed governor: 5 years or 1,000 hours
- Hartzell Propeller: 6 years or 4,000 hours
Me & MyTBM version 4: analyze your flight
With this fourth iteration of the cloud-based application, a key functionality improvement is the ability to generate full flight reports directly from the app, including an analysis of airport approaches and landings. With the reports, TBM pilots are now able to monitor the primary parameters during these critical phases of flight, such as airspeed, engine torque and aircraft pitch at touchdown.
In addition, users of the Me & My TBM app can obtain trend analyses that cover a range of indicators over longer time periods, from weeks and months to the full duration of the application’s utilization with a TBM. This offers valuable insight on aircraft operations, as well as provides data for a pilot’s recurrent training program based on actual flight history and performance.
The application’s menu also has been modified for simplified user navigation, while software robustness has been improved. Among the added practical features are a button to request the username if forgotten, and an automatic data refresh. Additionally, flight times are automatically transmitted into the CAMP maintenance tracking system, which enables the software to display maintenance status information directly on the app’s flights page.
Version 4 of the application has new elements for the “My TBM Challenge” – the friendly competition that enables pilots to compare their flight performance with others in the TBM community. A new Aviator scoring indicates how a pilot’s flights match up with the general Aviator challenges.
Me & My TBM is an innovative smartphone application for TBM aircraft owners and operators. This cloud-based app leverages data automatically collected during every phase of flight, enabling pilots to enhance the TBM’s operating efficiency, ensure they are operating the aircraft to the highest safety standards, and optimize maintenance management.
Available for Android & iOS, this app provides unique and valuable feedback on TBM flights, key parameters of the engine and other systems, and a full range of statistics accessible from wherever the aircraft goes. Based on an automated transmission of flight data on a secured cloud-based storage, it avoids the fastidious task of downloading data on a PC, while also directly updating aircraft counters on the CAMP tracking system. Advanced customer support when needed is now possible. This app gives TBM Care teams the capability to access and analyze all flight parameters at a quick glance.
We stand behind our airplanes and we stand by your safety. We encourage every TBM pilot to stay up to date of flying procedures and latest regulations. Because everyone knows training and refinement are keys to practicing excellence.
Training in the Americas
Factory-approved initial TBM flight training in the Americas is provided through TBM’s partner, Simcom International. Simcom utilizes three Level 5 flight training devices that are based on real TBM cockpits, in either EFIS/GNS 530 or G1000 configurations. Simcom’s training centers in Orlando, Florida and Prescott, Arizona, position the training center for TBM pilots with US licences.. Simcom also provides factory-approved maintenance training for the TBM family. TBM initial training consists of the following:
- Ground school training, which includes TBM systems knowledge tests;
- Flight training device (FTD) training;
- In-aircraft training with Turbine Solutions Inc., SimCom’s inflight training subsidiary
- Flight review to Private Pilot Practical Test Standards and an Instrument Proficiency Check
More information is available at: Tel: +1 866-361-9620 Website: https://www.simulator.com/courses/tbm-series/
Training in Europe
Factory-approved initial TBM flight training outside the Americas is offered by two Approved training organizations (ATO) in France, certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), SIM Aero, at Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrenees (LFBT) international airport. The training is provided “in aircraft,” using the owner’s aircraft or a rented TBM. Both courses are conducted by highly experienced Class rating instructors approved by EASA to deliver a TBM SET (Single-engine Turboprop) Class rating.
For more information and updates on training possibilities, contact: Benoît Péré, Email: Tel +33 6 85 83 26 58.
TBM Upgrade Catalog
As an owner you may want to upgrade your TBM with the latest retrofits and available service bulletins. We provide you the catalog of the latest retrofits to your TBM model. Contact us for more information.TBM Upgrade Catalog